Style Scheme: A Three Season Room with a Global Vibe
Hipster meets world-wanderer in a three-season room designed by Kendra Dufton of color theory Boston.
Bold tile from Popham Design was the jumping-off point for the design. The color evokes tropical waters, and its pattern lends interest without overwhelming. A commanding ottoman and pillows made with energetic fabrics by Gastón y Daniela add to the layered feel and global look.
Since a three-season room is often separate from the main living space, it’s an opportunity to create something fun and unexpected. A swing by Roberti Rattan is a whimsical centerpiece. Hop on and channel your inner child.
While many designers eschew ceiling fans, Dufton adds one to evoke tropical breezes.
Plants are a must here, and planters with a contemporary profile will host bold and modern varieties like lush monstera palms or plump succulents.
- Maverick Grand ceiling fan, Monte Carlo Fans, Wolfers Lighting, wolferslighting.com
- Clive indoor-outdoor ottoman, Anthropologie, various New England locations, anthropologie.com
- Ando floor tile, Popham Design, Ann Sacks, annsacks.com
- Swing sofa by Roberti Rattan, Casa Design, Boston, casadesigngroup.com
- Bullet planter by Hip Haven, DWR, Cambridge, Mass., dwr.com
- Jaime end table, Arteriors, available through the designer
- Farah (a) and Hepburn (b) fabrics from the Africalia Collection, Gastón y Daniela through Lee Jofa, kravet.com
Kendra Dufton, color theory Boston, Boston, colortheoryboston.com
June 15, 2019
June 13, 2019
June 12, 2019
February 05, 2019
May 20, 2019
January 01, 2018