5 Under 40 – Nominate
Nominations for 2021 are now closed
Eligible nominees will need to provide their portfolio submission to [email protected] by 5:00 p.m. EST on Monday, February 15, 2021. For questions regarding submissions, you can find the dates, rules, criteria, etc. below or reach out to [email protected] or call (617) 938-3991 ext. 713.
A separate entry must be submitted for each nomination.
Individuals may be nominated by either members of the design community or the general public. Self-nominations are also encouraged.
Nominations should be sent to [email protected]
1. Nominees must be residential design professionals in one of the following categories:
* Residential architecture
* Residential interiors (including kitchen and bath design)
* Landscape design
* Specialty design (furniture, lighting, accessories, or other home-design products)
2. Nominees must live, work, or have a fully-staffed office located in New England.
3. Nominees must have made particularly notable contributions to their design specialty with work of the very highest quality. Demonstration of this can be through publication, industry awards and peer recognition, or other evidence.
4. Special consideration is given to nominees who have helped raise public awareness of and interest in the design profession.
5. Nominees must be under 40 years of age as of September 16, 2021.
SUBMISSION OF MATERIAL
Applicable nominees will have to submit a portfolio for consideration. They will be contacted when this is needed with instructions on how to format their submission. In this portfolio, nominees must provide the following:
1. A résumé or curriculum vitae outlining your career and professional accomplishments
2. Descriptions and multiple photos of 5–8 design projects that best represent the quality of your work, including an outline of the scope of the project, location (if applicable), dates, other professionals involved, and an explanation of your personal role in the project. Please be detailed about your personal role, especially if it was a collaborative project with a firm principal or other professional(s).
3. Other material such as PDFs or scans of publications, awards, and relevant publicity
4. Confirmation in writing that you will be under 40 years of age as of September 16, 2021 and are a current resident of one of the six New England states.
5. Written confirmation that, if you are chosen as a winner for 2021, you will be available for the following tentative dates and events:
March 3, 2021: Rug design seminar to be held at the Landry & Arcari showroom in downtown Boston.
Week of July 19th, 2021: Photoshoot for winners and their custom rugs, date and location TBD.
September 16, 2021: Gala evening celebration and awards ceremony in downtown Boston.
Please submit all material no later than 5:00 p.m. EST on February 15, 2021, to [email protected] (Particularly large files may need to be transmitted via a file-sending service such as DropBox, WeTransfer, etc.) Important: Please note that electronic submission of all material is required. No submissions mailed to the New England Home office will be forwarded to the judges or returned; do not send unique copies of any photographs or publications. If you have questions, please call (617) 938-3991 ext. 713.