NEW ENGLAND DESIGN HALL OF FAME
Nominations for 2013 are now open.
- A separate entry must be submitted for each nominee.
- Individuals may be nominated either by members of the design community or the general public. Self-nomination is also allowed.
- All entries must be received by 5:00 p.m. EDT on Friday, August 2, 2013.
- Nominees must be residential design professionals in one of the following categories: Architecture; Interior Design; Landscape Architecture and Landscape Design; Specialty Design (such as kitchen design, bath design or lighting design).
- Nominees must primarily live and work in, or have a fully-staffed office located in, New England.
- Nominees must have made significant and noteworthy contributions to the growth and prominence of the residential design field in New England.
- Nominees must have served professionally in a leadership role in the design trade for a substantial period, and their work must have been primarily in New England.
- The nominee's body of work must be of the very highest quality. Demonstration of this can be through publication, industry awards and peer recognition, or other evidence.
- Special consideration is given to nominees who have mentored younger members of the design profession, helped raise public awareness of and interest in the design profession, and/or otherwise performed significant service to their communities.
- All nominees must provide resumes, descriptions and photos of at least five to eight representative projects, and other materials such as PDFs or scans of publications, via email or other electronic delivery, by the nominations deadline of 5:00 p.m. EDT on Friday, August 2, 2013. Some nominees may also be contacted by the selection committee for additional information. This material will be used for the first round of evaluations by the selection committee.
- Selected finalists may be contacted in July for additional material in support of their candidacy. The selection committee will then meet to make its final choices and the 2013 inductees to the New England Design Hall of Fame will be announced at a special ceremony at the Boston Design Center in early autumn.
SUBMISSION OF MATERIAL
All nominees must provide the following:
- Resume, curriculum vitae, or professional work history
- Descriptions and photos of at least five to eight representative projects located in New England
- Other material such as PDFs or scans of publications and awards
Material should be submitted via email or other electronic service such as YouSendIt, no later than 5:00 p.m. EDT on Friday, August 2, 2013, to Kate Koch at email@example.com. Please do not mail hardcopy documents or photos; they will not be forwarded to the judges or returned.
We recommend compiling all nomination support material into a single document such as a PDF rather than sending many separate files. For a representative sample of a successful presentation format, contact Kate at (617) 938-3991, extension 713.
TO SUBMIT AN ONLINE NOMINATION, CLICK HERE.
QUESTIONS? Call New England Home's Hall of Fame hotline at (617) 938-3991 or email firstname.lastname@example.org