Nominations are now OPEN for 2014!
- A separate entry must be submitted for each nomination.
- Individuals may be nominated by either members of the design community or the general public. Self-nominations are also encouraged.
- All entries and supporting material must be received by 5:00 p.m. EST on Monday, February 10, 2014.
- Nominees must be residential design professionals in one of the following categories:
* Residential architecture
* Residential interiors (including kitchen and bath design)
* Furniture design
* Home-design products and accessories (including finishes, fabrics, rugs, fixtures, accessories)
- * Landscape design
- Nominees must live, work, or have a fully-staffed office located in New England.
- Nominees must have made particularly notable contributions to their design specialty with work of the very highest quality. Demonstration of this can be through publication, industry awards and peer recognition, or other evidence.
- Special consideration is given to nominees who have helped raise public awareness of and interest in the design profession.
- Nominees must be under 40 years of age as of September 11, 2014.
Nominees must provide résumés, descriptions and photos of three to five projects, and other material such as PDFs or scans of publications, via email. Some nominees may also be contacted by the selection committee for additional information. The 2014 awards will be announced at a special reception in April, via press release and in the May/June issue of New England Home.
SUBMISSION OF MATERIAL
All nominees must provide the following:
- A résumé outlining your career and professional accomplishments.
- Descriptions and multiple photos of 3–5 design projects that best show the quality of your work, including an outline of the scope of the project, location (if applicable), dates, other professionals involved, and an explanation of your personal role in the project. Note: If your work is part of a collaborative effort, it is especially critical to be clear about the specific parts of each project that are yours, and the photos submitted should reflect that.
- Other material such as PDFs or scans of publications, awards, and relevant publicity.
- Written confirmation that you meet the nominations criteria above.
- Any additional information the judging committee should consider.
- Written confirmation that, if you are chosen as a winner for 2014, you will be available for the following dates and events:
* Thursday, February TBD: Rug design seminar to be held at the Landry & Arcari showroom in downtown Boston.
* Thursday, April TBD: Evening reception and press announcement to be held at the Landry & Arcari showroom
in downtown Boston.
* TBD week of Aug TBD: Photo shoot for winners and their custom rugs, date and location TBD.
* Thursday, September 11: Gala evening celebration and awards ceremony in downtown Boston.
Material must be submitted in electronic form, preferably as a single PDF or Microsoft Word document. For a representative sample of a successful presentation format, contact Kate Koch at (617) 938-3991, extension 713.
Please submit all material no later than 5:00 p.m. EST on Monday, February 10, 2014, to Kate Koch at email@example.com. (Particularly large files may need to be transmitted via FTP or a file-sending service such as YouSendIt.com.) Important: Please note that electronic submission of all material is required. No submissions mailed to the New England Home office will be forwarded to the judges or returned; do not send unique copies of any photographs or publications. If you have questions, please call 617-938-3991 ext. 713.
TO SUBMIT AN ONLINE NOMINATION, CLICK HERE.
QUESTIONS? Call (617) 938-3991 or email firstname.lastname@example.org