A Spa-Inspired Bathroom Retreat
When we challenged interior designer Emily Fuhrman to imagine a luxurious bathroom retreat, she decided to create the space of her dreams. Selected elements combine to create a spa-like room that has an organic feel elevated with glamorous details.
The design starts with a contemporary gas fireplace topped with a soothing blue painting as the focal point. A classic palette of black and white prevails, featuring a sculptural sink punctuated with a graphite faucet. There is also strong contrast reflected in the petal-like white tile emboldened with black grout. An elegant cluster of hand-blown glass pendants caps off the room and will cast a warm glow when Fuhrman enjoys a bubbly soak and a good book.
Human Ecology Blue, original artwork by Sara Cole, Elisa Contemporary Art, Fairfield and Riverdale, NY, elisacontemporaryart.com
2. Cocoon pendant lights, Shakuff, Brooklyn, NY, shakuff.com
3. Ortal front-facing gas fireplace, Hearth Products, Southport, CT, ortalheat.com
4. Marcs chaise lounge, Julian Chichester, Wakefield Design Center, Stamford, CT, wakefielddesigncenter.com
5. Clara vessel sink with Flyte wall-mounted faucet in graphite, Waterworks, Greenwich, CT and Boston, waterworks.com
6. Emily Fuhrman
7. Artistic Tile Foliage glass mosaic tile in Be Bop White, Paramount Stone, Stamford and Norwalk, CT, paramountstone.com
Emily Fuhrman, Sage & Ginger, Interior Design, New Canaan, CT, (203) 594-9862, sageandginger.com
June 01, 2018
May 14, 2018
May 03, 2018