A separate entry must be submitted for each nomination.
Individuals may be nominated by either members of the design community or the general public. Self-nominations are also encouraged.
All entries and supporting material must be received by 5:00 p.m. EST on Monday, February 9, 2018.
1. Nominees must be residential design professionals in one of the following categories:
* Residential architecture
* Residential interiors (including kitchen and bath design)
* Landscape design
* Specialty design (custom building, furniture, lighting, accessories, or other home-design products)
2. Nominees must live, work, or have a fully-staffed office located in New England.
3. Nominees must have made particularly notable contributions to their design specialty with work of the very highest quality. Demonstration of this can be through publication, industry awards and peer recognition, or other evidence.
4. Special consideration is given to nominees who have helped raise public awareness of and interest in the design profession.
5. Nominees must be under 40 years of age as of September, 2018.
Nominees must provide résumés, descriptions and photos of five to eight projects, and other material such as PDFs or scans of publications, via email. Some nominees may also be contacted by the selection committee for additional information. The 2018 awards will be announced at a special reception in April, via press release and in the issue of New England Home.
SUBMISSION OF MATERIAL
All nominees must provide the following:
1. A résumé or curriculum vitae outlining your career and professional accomplishments
2. Descriptions and multiple photos of 5–8 design projects that best represent the quality of your work, including an outline of the scope of the project, location (if applicable), dates, other professionals involved, and an explanation of your personal role in the project
3. Other material such as PDFs or scans of publications, awards, and relevant publicity
4. Confirmation in writing that you will be under 40 years of age as of September, 2018, and are a current resident of one of the six New England states.
5. Any additional information the judging committee should consider
6. Written confirmation that, if you are chosen as a winner for 2018, you will be available for the following dates and events:
- March 6, 2018: Rug design seminar to be held at the Landry & Arcari showroom in downtown Boston.
- April 12, 2018: Evening reception and press announcement to be held at the Landry & Arcari showroom
- Week of July 23, 2018: Photoshoot for winners and their custom rugs, date and location TBD.
- September 13, 2018: Gala evening celebration and awards ceremony in downtown Boston.
Please submit all material no later than 5:00 p.m. EST on February 16, 2018, to [email protected] (Particularly large files may need to be transmitted via FTP or a file-sending service such as DropBox, WeTransfer, etc.) Important: Please note that electronic submission of all material is required. No submissions mailed to the New England Home office will be forwarded to the judges or returned; do not send unique copies of any photographs or publications. If you have questions, please call (617) 938-3991 ext. 713.